I secretly hate New Years Resolutions. Yes, those decisions we make at the beginning of each year that we quickly forget come mid-January. Goals, however, I could do some goal setting in my sleep. I’m to-do list making, deadline-driven person. I’m also lucky because my husband loves goals and looking over my shoulder at the to-do lists. At work, I have running to-do list that gets updated every Monday morning. For our home renovation, we have a LONG list of to-do’s and goals. Occasionally when I’m feeling overwhelmed with the amount of things I must get done from the time I get off work until I go to bed, I jot down a quick list. But it usually stops there.
Although I have goals in my head for things I want to accomplish in the near and distant future, I rarely write them down. I’m not in the habit of setting long term goals for my own life – just in the certain buckets of my life (like the workplace for instance). So, this year I decided to take note and get them all down on paper. Some of these goals are to be accomplished this month, this year or the next few years.
- Become more involved in our church.
- Make a habit of doing a quick devotional/bible reading everyday.
- Grow my blog audience and promote more reader engagement.
- Put more effort into making new friends and cultivating longtime friendships.
- Become more patient and slow to anger in my home.
- Sell my crafts in at least one store in Bend and continuing growing my Etsy store.
- Give myself grace as I enter this journey of becoming a Mom.
- Go outdoors more!
I leave with you this quote that is encouraging me as we embark upon 2016. This is my wish for all of you!