Are you looking for a good Christmas gift for a new mom? You’re in luck. Here’s some great gift ideas for new moms!
12 Days Of Christmas – Gift Guide For New Moms
When I was showing you how to make these homespun fabric Christmas ornaments yesterday, I announced that I’ll be publishing 12 fun gift guides to prepare you for your holiday shopping as part of my 12 Days of Christmas gift guide series!
I know that it’s a little early to be talking Christmas. I know what you’re thinking.. I still haven’t taken off my Halloween costume and seriously can we just celebrate Thanksgiving first? I’m with you. I love Thanksgiving and plan to celebrate it fully before hopping on the Christmas train, but in the blogging world we’ve got be just one step ahead of you.
If you’re anything like me, you love to get your Christmas shopping done early. I hate waiting til the last minute and adding to the stress of the holidays. I’m super excited that Christmas is right around the corner and I have tons of great gift ideas for you over the 12 days for just about everyone in your life.
Today we’re focusing on those rookie moms with this gift guide for new moms. New moms really deserve it all. They are most likely struggling to regain normalcy in their lives and the holiday season can do number on their stress levels. Give the new mama in your life some extra love this season, she needs it.
This gift guide for new moms was so fun to put together because I am a new-ish mom and I feel like I can totally relate and know just what I would want. 😉 ….hint, hint.. Husband if you’re reading this.
This post contains affiliate links, but nothing that I wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend anyway! Read my full disclosure here.
Now on to those gift ideas for new moms!
4. Babysitting – One of the best things you can offer a new mom is a little break! If Mom is comfortable leaving the baby (no harm, no foul if she’s not quite ready yet – offer to do the dishes or clean her house instead), you can offer to babysit so she can get out of the house for a bit. Even just a trip to the coffee shop alone or a walk outside in the fresh air can do wonder for the soul. Maybe Mom is looking for a sitter or nanny that can come more regularly or she is preparing to go back to work and you’re not near enough or available to babysit. It can be hard work to find a nanny. When we were looking, care.com came to the rescue and gave us plenty of options of qualified and trustworthy sitters. To really take full advantage of care.com, you need a premium membership so you can email back and forth with prospects and use their background check features. A great gift for a new mom in this predicament is one month of the premium membership at care.com. You can get 20% off by hopping over there using this link.
5. Candle – Any candle is great gift for a new mom. They are perfect to drown out the dirty-diaper, didn’t-have-time-to-shower scent that may be lingering around! 🙂 I love this “Sleep is Overrated” candle from HelloYouCandles on Etsy. You can choose the scent, label color and write a personalized message. So fun.
6. Gift Card – I can tell you what, most new moms haven’t done any shopping for themselves in who knows how long. I know some people hate giving gift cards as a gift, but for a new mama that chance to spend some money on something she wants is a gift in and of itself. Any gift to anywhere is nice, but I personally love Amazon because you can seriously get anything you want! Also, how cute is that little mini boxed gift card in the picture?! Haha.
7. Handprint/Footprint Christmas Ornament – There’s nothing that I want to do more than just capture how teeny tiny little baby is right now is growing up right before my eyes. Capturing his handprint and footprint in a Christmas ornament is a must. This one comes with a non-toxic stamp pad and everything.
8. Hair Tie Bracelet – I’ve been seeing these rad hair tie bracelets all over the internet. I don’t think I’ve taken the hair tie off my wrist since giving birth, so how perfect is this bracelet to help jazz up that hair tie that you know she has on her wrist. This bracelet fits right in on this gift guide for new moms.
9. Keychain – One thing that I feel like I’m always misplacing these days as I’m juggling a baby, diaper bag, car seat, wallet, etc is my keys! Having a clunky, shiny keychain could help solve that problem. If not, at least it’s pretty to look at? I love this one with the charms and white marble stone.
10. Coffee Cup – Coffee makes the world go ’round for any new mom so naturally a coffee cup is a perfect gift for new mom. This one with “mommy’s little helper” on it is just too cute.
11. Baby Milestone Cards – Every new mama loves snapping TONS of pictures of her little one. These milestone cards are super fun to record some of the bigger daily wins, like “today I ate solid food for the first time”.
12. Large Tote Bag – We don’t have a small diaper bag (we have this one), but man… some days it is literally overflowing with everything I need on certain outings. When we are headed out for a play date at the park and we need some extra toys, a blanket and maybe some books there is NO WAY that is all going to fit in my diaper bag. It is super handy to have an empty bag around to throw everything in. I love this large Jack&Chris tote bag because it matches our diaper bag and it’s gender neutral so if Logan needs to use it, he can!
13. Essentials – I’ve got a secret for you, I am super in love with The Honest Company’s face + body lotion (I have the lavender one). On the nights where I can fit in a shower before bed, I love getting out and putting this lotion on before bed. It’s super calming. The Honest Co’s Essentials bundle is SUCH a great gift for a new mama. It includes five of their 65+ personal care & home cleaning items. You can either get the mama a monthly subscription or just a one-time gift of the essentials bundle. I love this idea because there’s bound be a few things she’s running out and doesn’t have time to run to the store to grab.
I hope you enjoyed this gift guide for new moms! Maybe you found something for a new mom on your list?
Shop this gift guide on Amazon