Hi there! I’m Chelsea and he’s Logan and the little one there is Cal. The furry one, well, that’s Gannon! We love our simple life in Central Oregon. You can usually find us knee deep in a DIY project for our little fixer upper that we’ve been renovating.
Here’s a little more about us:
- We met in college in San Diego and stayed there after we got graduated and got married. As much as we loved San Diego, we were searching for a smaller town with a quieter life and were in need of an adventure. (Read about our decision to to move here) So in 2014, we packed up everything we owned and drove all the way up California to the beautiful Bend, Oregon.
- In 2015, we embarked on our next adventure – home ownership. We decided to buy a home and went looking for fixer upper! We found just the perfect one to get us started (see the pre-renovation photo tour here). We’ll be sharing all about the home reno process including everything we learned about the home buying process – boy did we learn a lot.
- Our lives changed forever in 2016 when we welcomed our little man, Cal, into the world. We both agree on a daily basis that parenting is both the hardest thing and the best thing in the world.
What’s in a name?
For one, I love manzanita bushes. They are big and can grow to take over a whole plot of land if you let them go wild. I love dark red bark and stiff, twisty branches. Manzanita is hardy and tough. The flowers are the perfect little closed bells.
The real reason I kept coming back to manzanita is the memories that I have associated with them. As a kid, we had LOADS of manzanita bushes and one of my favorite things to do was go out and build forts in the manzanita bushes. I can remember the smell of the bark and the feel of the tough, leathery leaves. My memories are filled with millions of make-believe stories and rounds of deliberation as to how the fort was to look.
From manzanita forts to fixer uppers…
As I’ve grown up from a little girl catching tree frogs and building manzanita forts, my love for making hasn’t changed. From making your fixer upper a home and making seasonal crafts to making yourself slow down and soak in all that motherhood has to offer, Making Manzanita is all about crafting a simple life you love.
What to expect at Making Manzanita:
- I’m here to show you how to avoid the overwhelming feeling of figuring out how to decorate and renovate your home on a small budget.
- I will walk with you as you discover your home decor style.
- I’ll be here cheering you on as you figure this whole mama thing out and reassuring you that you need to put yourself first.
- You can expect to hear from me twice a week with DIY craft ideas, home decor inspiration and simple homemaking tips.
If you’d like to stay up-to-date on all things Making Manzanita, you can subscribe via email right here so you don’t miss a thing!
Want to check out some of our most popular posts?
- Baby Boy Rustic Woodland Nursery Room Reveal
- How To Install A Faux Shiplap Wall
- DIY Farmhouse Cottons Stems for $2
- The Home Buying Process
Don’t ever hesitate to shoot me an email, drop me a line in the comments of posts or reach out via social media! I love meeting and chatting with you!