Mother’s Day is coming! This moms are like buttons craft idea is so simple – even the kids can make it. I’ve provided a free Moms Are Like buttons printable gift tag and card to go along with it! Also learn how to make button flowers with an easy step by step tutorial.
Moms are like buttons, they hold everything together. Isn’t this the truth!?
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, it was definitely time for a Mother’s Day craft idea.
It’s kind of a universal law that moms love flowers, right? Since I love this mom are like buttons quote, I’m going to teach you how to make button flowers to add in to a cute potted plant for your mom. The button flowers tutorial is so simple and perfect project for the kiddos!
I made a really cute (and FREE) moms are like buttons printable for Mother’s Day to go along with this Mother’s Day gift.
Related – Looking for Mother’s Day gifts?
- 9 Personalized Gifts For Grandma (or Mom) on Mother’s Day
- Creative Mother’s Day Gifts From Etsy
- Mother’s Day Gifts You Can Make in 1 Hour or Less!
- “Moms are like buttons” Craft Idea (and FREE printable)
- Mother’s Day Serving Tray with Kid’s Handprints
- DIY Lavender Vanilla Lip Scrub
- DIY Cookbook Stand with Free Woodworking Plans
This moms are like buttons craft tutorial contains affiliate links, but nothing that I wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend anyway! Read my full disclosure here.
Step 1. Cut floral wire.
Cut your floral wire into pieces between 8 and 12 inches long. You’ll need one piece of wire for each button flower.
Step 2. Add button to wire.
First you will string your button onto the wire and wrap about 2-3 inches through the button.
Step 3. Twist the wire behind the button to secure it.
Next you can twist the wire behind the button a couple times to keep the button in place at the top of the wire.
Step 4. Add paper flowers.
You will add the paper flower on to the wire behind the button. To secure the paper flower, you can wrap the wire around in a “C” shape on the bottom of the flower.
Step 5. Add button flowers to the potted plant.
Place the button flowers at varying heights around the potted plant.
Step 6. Print & tie on “mothers are like buttons” tag.
Cut out the mothers are like buttons printable tag and tie it onto the potted plant using baker’s twine.
With this free mom are like buttons printable, you’ll be able to print 4 tags and 1 card.
Since the printable is free, you can print as many as you need! Printable is for personal use only. 🙂
Moms really are like buttons, aren’t they? They are keeping us all together at the seams. They go unnoticed and unappreciated most days. So remember to spoil your mom this Mother’s Day! She deserves it.
What about your other handmade Mother’s Day gift ideas?
DIYs are, of course, my favorite gifts to give…especially for Mother’s Day.
- Wire cutter
- Printer (to print tag)
- Cut floral wire somewhere between 8 and 12 inches using wire cutters. You'll need one piece of wire for each flower.
- Add button to wire. First you will string your button onto the wire and wrap about 2-3 inches through the button.
- Twist wire behind button to keep the button in place at the top of the wire.
- String the paper flower onto the wire behind the button. Te secure, wrap the wire around in a "C" shape under the flower.
- Add button flowers to potted plant.
- Print & tie on "mothers are like buttons" tag.