This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Lennox. All opinions are 100% mine.
Making sure your home is comfortable is an important part of making it a place that you love because comfort is the ultimate element of home. It’s clear that temperature plays a vital role in creating a comfortable home. Installing a high quality air conditioning system in your home will help keep it reliably cool and comfortable during the warm summer months ahead.
I’m convinced that your home should be the most comfortable place in the world. You should love walking in the door after a long day. I believe that it’s so important that you love your home. My whole blog and business is aimed at helping you make your house a home you love. Last week I wrote about how to make your house a home you love and really unpacked what the word “home” means to me. In that post, I mentioned that “home is the ultimate place of comfort.” Along with renovating your home to fit your needs and filling it with pretty decor, there is so much more that makes your house a comfortable and cozy home.
Temperature is a very important part of creating a comfortable home.
If you’ve ever spent a summer in a home without air conditioning, I think you’ll agree with me when I say temperature is a very important part of creating a comfortable home. When the temperature in your home is too hot (or too cold for that matter) it’s hard to relax, concentrate, sleep or simply enjoy being home. Research has even proved it. When we purchased our first fixer-upper, we didn’t have A/C and I worked from home. During that first summer, by the time 3pm rolled around it would be too hot for me to concentrate on work. There were a few times where I took off and strolled through the aisles of Target…just for the A/C (but who am I kidding? No one can get through a trip to Target without filling the cart with 32 things you don’t need).
When the next summer rolled around and we were anxiously awaiting the birth of our first kiddo, we knew that we needed air conditioning. It became increasingly important to create a comfortable home when we had a newborn that couldn’t control his own temperature like we can. It was installed the week we had our son. Lesson learned!
Now that we’re in our 2nd fixer-upper with our 2nd kid here, we knew we needed to get air conditioning installed in order to create a comfortable home for the warm summer months. It was installed last month and it’s a game changer! Now I can comfortably cuddle on the couch with my toddler and a cozy blanket and he can do 37 laps running around the kitchen island while we’re cooking dinner. Our littlest one can get swaddled up and take nice long naps without waking up uncomfortable and fussy because she’s too hot.
Indoor air quality – another good reason to install air conditioning
The American Lung Association estimates that most people spend 90% of their time indoors, so clean indoor air is very important. With two little ones and both my husband and I working from home now, we spend more time in our home than most people do. Lennox has the PureAir™ Air Purification System that cleans the air in your home better than any other single system. Learn more about Lennox. Single-area air purifiers may help the air in one room, but they don’t address pollutants that can circulate throughout your entire home. I don’t know about you, but we use our WHOLE house. PureAir™ is a whole-home solution that means cleaner air in every room.
Smart home technology makes it easy to create a comfortable temperature
At our old house, we didn’t incorporate a “smart” thermostat into out A/C unit so we didn’t really know what we were missing. Lennox has a smart thermostat called iComfort® S30 ultra smart thermostat, which has a mode that uses the GPS in your smartphone to detect when you’re leaving, and automatically increases system efficiency. Then when you or a family member returns home, Smart Away Mode then returns your system to a normal schedule and comfortable temperature.
What are some other ways to create a comfortable home?
Once you’ve tackled an ideal temperature, you may be looking for more ways to create a cozy, comfortable home. Here are some ideas.
- Natural light – It is so much easier to relax in an environment of natural light versus artificial light. Natural light is also better for your health too! You can encourage more natural light in your home by using light filtering curtains. Another way to get more natural light into your bathroom while maintaining privacy is to install a frosted window film on the window.
- Scent – There’s nothing better than walking into a room and getting a big whiff of an amazing scent. You can use oil diffusers or wax warmers to make your home smell good.
- Pillows – Not only do throw pillows add fun texture to your home decor, but they add instant comfort everywhere you place them.
- Blankets – Much like pillows, blankets on backs of chairs and couches help add texture which is one of the important layers of home decor. Having a blanket handy all the time is the ultimate sign of comfort in your home. I don’t know about you, but I love cozying up under a blanket, especially when it means cuddling my littles.
- Natural elements – There is something so calming about elements from nature. You can incorporate these into your home with potted plants and small water fountains.
- Declutter & clean up– Clutter and mess in your home can lead to stress. It’s really hard to feel proud of a home that is messy. Just taking a weekend to declutter your stuff and get cleaned up can help you create a more comfortable home for you and your family.
Making sure your home is comfortable is an important part of making it a place that you love because comfort is the ultimate element of home. It’s clear that temperature is a very important part of creating a comfortable home. Installing a quiet and energy-efficient air conditioning system in your home will help keep it cool and comfortable during the warm summer months, as well as improve the indoor air quality for your family.
How do you encourage comfort in your home?
Let me know in the comments below!!