Looking for an easy DIY Valentine’s Day home decor idea that will take you less than one hour to create? You’re going to love this cute XOXO Decor made with reclaimed wood & hearts with supplies from the dollar store.
This DIY wooden Valentine’s Day decor is perfect for those that don’t want to deck out the whole house with hearts for Valentine’s Day but are craving a little something extra to get in the Valentine’s Day spirit.
Not only is this project REALLY simple to put together, but it turned out cuter than I even imagined!
If you are more of the crafty time and don’t typically don’t work with wood, have no fear! I don’t want any of you to get intimidated by working with wood, especially if it’s your first time DIYing with wood. I’m going to give you a few different options today based on your access to tools.
Related – Looking for more Valentine’s Day gift and craft ideas?
Now let’s jump right into this DIY wooden Valentine’s Day Decor project!
This XOXO Decor post contains affiliate links, but nothing that I wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend anyway! Read my full disclosure here.
Step 1. Cover the first heart wreath with the Valentine’s Day print scarves.
Simply tie the scarves onto the wire heart form and started wrapping them around the form.
You can add the next scarf by tying it to the end of the first one.
Once you get all the way around the heart, just tuck the end of the scarf into the back. I used 3 scarves to cover the heart wreath.
Step 2. Cover the second heart wreath with a red burlap ribbon.
Next, you can cover the other heart wreath with a red burlap ribbon.
I actually just used scotch tape to secure the burlap ribbon in place. I like to try to make my seasonal decorations as temporary as possible, just in case I want to use the supplies for something else during the year!
Continue wrapping the ribbon around the wreath until it is completely covered and then just tucked the end into the back of the wreath.
Step 3. Cut pallet wood down to size.
You’ll see 4 pieces cut to 15″ in length.
Now there are a few different options on ways to do this.
- Use a circular or miter saw to cut the length of pallet wood to 15″
- Use a hack saw or hand saw if you don’t want to get out the big guns for a few small cuts like this or if you don’t have access to power tools.
- Have it cut at Home Depot – you can purchase reclaimed wood or new wood from Home Depot and have them cut it down to size for you at the store.
Step 4. Tie your wood pieces together in an X shape.
I used some cute red and tan rustic baker’s twine, but you can really use any other type of ribbon or string.
Once the two wooden pieces are secure, tight the twine together in a double knot on the backside to hide it.
Here’s what it will look like when finished.
Now step back and gives yourself a pat on the back. You did it!! I told you that it was easy!
I just love how this cute XOXO decor turned out! Doesn’t it look so cute styled on our living room shelves?
A wooden dough bowl is styled with scented pinecones and faux greenery with a small felt bead garland hanging out of it.
On the top shelf, we layered vintage windows and wooden signs behind the XOXO wooden Valentine’s Day decor to give it a bit more dimension and character.
- Circular or Miter Saw (optional)
- Hand or Hack Saw (optional)
- Cover the first wreath with the Valentine's Day print scarves.
- Cover the second wreath with the burlap ribbon.
- Cut your reclaimed wood down to size.
- Tie your wood pieces together in an "x" shape.
- Our reclaimed wood was made from pallet wood, which we love working with. Click here to see 10+ Pallet Wood Projects You Can DIY
- If you can't find the red burlap ribbon, you can just use more Dollar Tree scarves!
What other ways are you decorating around your house for Valentine’s Day? Any other fun DIY’s you’re working on?