The day is finally here! Our small farmhouse master bathroom is everything I wanted it to be: budget-friendly, more open, full of shiplap, farmhouse shelves and chippy paint signs.
Our budget friendly farmhouse master bathroom has been a major evolution over the past couple years since we moved into our fixer upper. When we first moved in, I wasn’t even planning on doing a farmhouse master bathroom. I didn’t know what my design plans were. I just knew that something needed to happen, but there were bigger fish to fry as we renovated the rest of the house.
So our master bathroom sat..boring and bare hidden in the back of our house. That’s usually true with most renovations I think. You typically do the master bedroom and bathroom last because it’s least likely to be seen by guests. It’s true over here at least. 2.5 years of renovating and I still haven’t finished decorating the master bedroom. Shhh…it’s getting there.
But during the cold and LONG winter, Logan and I got a bit of a DIY bug after a binge session of Fixer Upper. It was shiplap time, so we added a budget friendly faux shiplap wall and floating shelves. These DIY projects alone completely transformed the master bathroom and brought in tons of the farmhouse charm I was looking for.
This is definitely a budget friendly farmhouse master bathroom. The shiplap wall cost us less than $15 and you’ll see based on the source list at the end of this post that a lot of the decor was DIYed or collected from thrift stores or flea markets.
This post contains affiliate links, but nothing that I wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend anyway! Read my full disclosure here.
The master bathroom is small. So much so that I rounded up Small Bathroom Organization Tips because I was looking at them so much.
The master bathroom is awkward. Our master bathroom was really hideous. Here’s where we started when we moved in to our fixer upper. You may recognize these pics from our pre reno hone tour.
Ready to see our new farmhouse master bathroom!?
Come on in!
Our farmhouse master bathroom certainly come a long way, hasn’t it?!!
Ok, ok…. I took one million photos of this tiny little bathroom and I tried to narrow it down, but this post will be really photo heavy. That’s what you want to see anyway, right!?
I had a blast making this fun Rub A Dub Dub sign. You can check out the full tutorial here.
Let’s take another look at those farmhouse shelves. I had so much fun decorating these!
When you turn around from the shelves…
Someday we plan on doing a full renovation in this bathroom with a glass shower to open the small bathroom up, new pedestal sink, flooring…the whole shabang. But until then, we decided to do a budget friendly farmhouse master bathroom making the best of what we have. Which means using this vanity cabinet that I don’t love. Luckily you can decorate around the things you don’t love. 🙂
I chat all about the story behind this amazing vintage vanity cabinet on this post. This cabinet really started the inspiration behind our farmhouse master bathroom design plans. Here she is in all her chippy paint glory.
Love this watercolor art I had made custom just for this space from my very good friend at Handmade Marissa Ronae on Etsy. I thought it was a fitting quote because the first thing I do in the morning is go brush my teeth at this sink. 🙂
Love the vintage style of the “new” light above our cabinet. We transformed our old boring light and it was so easy! Read all about this easy DIY farmhouse light transformation!
Every great bathroom needs some pretty jewelry storage, right?
I fell in love with the texture of this shower curtain, but when I went to install it, it was too short! Silly me, I thought all shower curtain lengths were the same. Read how I fixed this shower curtain that was too short!
One of my favorite things about those farmhouse shelves is the coordinates sign. This was made by The Mtn Bluebird Co on Etsy.
I had a blast making this fun ombre painted sign! Check out the full tutorial here.
Ah! I love all the little details of our farmhouse master bathroom.
Ok before we go, let’s take one more look at the before and after shots from when we moved in because they are so fun!
There’s lot more where this came from. The next few weeks are going to be full of tutorials and more info about our farmhouse master bathroom. Be sure to subscribe via email (link below) so you don’t miss a thing!
Source List For Farmhouse Master Bathroom –
- Faux Shiplap Wall – click here for full tutorial!
- Floating Shelves – click here for full tutorial!
- Rub A Dub Dub Wood Sign – click here for the full tutorial!
- You & Me Ombre Painted Wood Sign – click here for the full tutorial!
- Paint Color, Burnished Clay, Behr
- Towel Hooks, Home Depot
- Towel Ring, Home Depot
- Toilet Paper Holder, Home Depot
- White Shower Curtain, Target
- Mint Shower Curtain Rings, Walmart
- In The Morning When I Rise… Watercolor Art, Handmade Marissa Ronae on Etsy
- Metal Oregon Sign, local boutique (similar here)
- Shutter Necklace Holder, JoAnns
- Olive Buckets, Farmhouse Refined (FYI one of my favorite online stores! But they are sold out of these buckets, here’s something similar)
- Faux Lamb’s Ear Stems, JoAnns
- Faux Plant in Concrete Planter, Tuesday Morning (but they don’t sell online… here’s something similar & affordable)
- Glass Bottle – it’s just a big empty wine bottle!
- Coordinates Sign, The Mtn Bluebird Co on Etsy
- Chicken Wire Basket, Flea Market (similar here)
- White Pitcher, T.J.Maxx (no longer sold, similar here)
- Cotton Stems – click here for the full tutorial!
- No. 1 Storage Bin, Michaels (years ago, no longer sold)
- Vintage Bath Brush, Antique Store (similar here)
- Vintage Glass Bottles, Flea Market (similar options here)
- Antique Medicine Cabinet, Antique Store (similar options here) – Read the full story behind this amazing cabinet here.
- Towels, Walmart
- Bath Mat in front of sink, Ross
- Bath Mat in front of shower, Costco
The video of our shiplap wall and floating shelves in our farmhouse master bathroom literally went VIRAL. It was even shared by BHG, Jordin Sparks and Scott Dudick. It was so cool to see something that we did get noticed by SO many people. If you are not one of the 20,000,000 people that saw this on Hometalk’s Facebook page, here’s a little time lapse version of our farmhouse bathroom transformation!
Looking for more of our farmhouse master bathroom renovation?
- How To Install A Faux Shiplap Wall
- How To Build Floating Shelves For Extra Bathroom Storage
- Farmhouse Master Bathroom Room Reveal (you are here!)
- Ombre Painted Wood Sign
- Rub A Dub Dub Chippy Paint Sign
- The Story Behind the Vintage Medicine Cabinet
- How To Give A Builder Grade Vanity Light Farmhouse Style
- How To Fix A Shower Curtain That Is Too Short
Looking for more farmhouse bathroom inspiration? Here are some of my faves:
- Modern Farmhouse Bathroom Makeover by Bless’er House – she inspired me to do the floating shelves above the toilet!
- Farmhouse Style Bathroom by Making It In The Mountains
- Romantic Vintage Bathroom by Jenna Sue Design
- Rustic Bathroom by The Pink Tumbleweed