Learn how to make your own easy DIY wrapping paper for Christmas with either a simple marker or custom stamps for a fun, modern look! You’re going to love these Christmas gift wrap ideas.
Well, here’s the true story. When we were moving last winter all of my Christmas wrapping paper got damaged. Every last bit of it.
So instead of going out and buying new everything, I snagged a roll of kraft paper and decided to try to jazz it up a bit DIY style.
I had seen so many good ideas on Pinterest that really inspired my DIY wrapping paper.
Want to see more Christmas craft projects? Check out these posts!
- Homemade Mulling Spices for Christmas Gifts with Free Printable Tag
- Easy DIY Stovetop Potpourri Gift Idea with Free Printable Tags
- How To Make Cheap and Easy Paper Bag Snowflakes with Lunch Bags
- How To Make Cotton Ball Garland for Less Than $5
- DIY Stocking Tags | Cheap & Easy Idea Anyone Can Do
- Easy DIY Gnome for Christmas Decor Using Dollar Store Materials
- Easy Boho DIY Yarn Christmas Trees
- DIY Christmas Village Makeover For Less Than $10
- 38+ Christmas Ornaments To Make
- Handmade Christmas Ornament with Farmhouse Style
- DIY Wrapping Paper For Christmas Gift Wrap
- How To Make Christmas Gift Tags With The Silhouette Mint
- DIY Dreamcatcher Ornament for Boho Christmas Tree
- Easy Leather Christmas Ornaments – Circles with Wood Beads
- DIY Leather Ornaments – Mini Christmas Tree with Wood Beads
- How To Make A Fabric Christmas Tree
- Rustic Christmas Advent Calendar
- Fabric Christmas Ornaments Made With Homespun Fabric – 4 Different Tutorials
- Cozy Sweater Covered Vases
This DIY wrapping paper tutorial contains affiliate links, but nothing that I wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend anyway! Read my full disclosure here.
With my inspiration in mind, I decided to enlist the help of my handy little Silhouette Mint as well! If you’ve never heard of the Mint, this thing is so fun to use!
You can create custom stamps that don’t even need a stamp pad for! You just squeeze the ink onto the custom stamps and it’s good for up to 50 stamps before adding more.
How to make DIY wrapping paper for holiday gifting
Supplies need to make DIY wrapping paper:
- Silhouette Mint – read this post for info on how to make custom stamps using the Mint
- Kraft Paper
Step 1. Measure and cut kraft paper.
First, you want to cut your piece of kraft paper down to size that is appropriate for the gift you’re wrapping.
Step 2. Decorate your DIY wrapping paper.
For some of the paper, I stamped it with custom stamps of a tree and snowman that I made with my Silhouette Mint.
It was SO easy to make these stamps and you even have to worry about a stamp pad because they are self-inking and good for up to 50 stamps before you need to add more ink!
For other pieces of DIY wrapping paper, I just used a simple Sharpie!
I remembered how much I loved when I wrote nursery rhymes all over this package for my sister’s baby shower when I made this baby shower gift wrap.
Step 3. Wrap up your present.
To finish things up, you just simply wrap your present!
Making your own DIY wrapping paper is so simple! This stuff is so unique and memorable.
I love that it can be customized to whatever decor suits your Christmas decor style. It’s so easy, you can even have the little one’s help.
If you want to learn how to make these custom Christmas gift tags to go along with your DIY wrapping paper, head on over to this post.
How To Make DIY Wrapping Paper
- Measure and cut your kraft paper.
- Decorate wrapping paper. Use either stamps or Sharpie marker to create a design.
- Wrap gift.
12 thoughts on “DIY Wrapping Paper For Christmas Gift Wrap”
Loving the personalized touches on the brown paper instead of the typical store bought Christmas paper. The stamps sound awesome too!
What a great and fun idea! How wonderful to give a gift with hand”made” wrapping paper.
I’ve never heard of the Silhouette Mint, sounds like a fun piece of kit!
I use to make homemade wrapping paper when my sons were small, with their help. It was a nice and easy stamping project for them. I would have been so bummed to lose my wrapping paper. I purchase paper year round as I come across things I love and are special. You turned lemons into lemonade.
Love how the papers turned out. This would be a fun project for tweens and up as well.
Love this idea! Great way to get the kids involved in the gift-wrapping endeavor. Love the hand-written paper.
I love this idea. It is such a custom look. What fun to personalize the paper to the person who will get the gift.
Last year I moved to using all brown paper, I love how simple it looks under the tree but then I struggle to know who’s packages are whose, I’ll have to do this to indicate which gift is for which child!
I love your beautiful DIY wrapping paper. Hopefully, I’ll get my Christmas shopping done early so I can make some of my own wrapping paper this year!
I’ve done something similar before, but your wrapping paper is awesome! Pinning to share.