Behr Fashion Gray is a warm neutral gray that is perfect if you’re wanting to incorporate gray paint into the walls your home.
Gray walls have been gaining in popularity in the last several years and are now considered an “enduring classic” according to this expert source.
If you’re wanting to incorporate gray walls into your home, you’re likely completely and utterly overwhelmed with ALL of the options. Light gray. Dark gray. Green gray. Blue gray. Warm gray. Cold gray. Soft gray. Pale gray. Silver gray. Greige. SO MANY GRAY paint color options.
Table of Contents
Related: Other Interior Painting Articles
- Choosing Front Door Paint Colors (& How To Paint A Door)
- Two Tone Walls in Bedroom: How To Paint Straight Lines
- Mountain Mural Tutorial (Featuring Behr Paint Colors Trends)
- Behr Chic Gray Paint Reveal (+ The Best Order of Painting A Room)
- Modern Sponge Painting | Semi Circle Pattern in Back of Locker Cabinets
- How To Paint An Arch Like A Pro
- A Basic Paint Sheen Guide for Interior and Exterior Surfaces
- How To Cut In Paint without Painter’s Tape
- How To Paint A Ceiling With A Roller
- Behr Fashion Gray | Paint Color Overview and Review
- How To Paint A Room For Beginners | Ultimate Guide
- Tips for Painting Baseboards and Trim
- Black Bamboo Behr | Paint Color Overview and Review
- Behr Meteorological | Paint Color Overview and Review
- Behr Falling Snow | Paint Color Overview and Review
- 16 Gorgeous Green Accent Walls
- Snowy Pine Behr Paint Overview
- In The Moment Behr Paint Color Overview
- 22 Front Door Paint Colors to Inspire You
- Master Bedroom Colors | 20 Great Paint Color Ideas with Pictures
- Behr Midnight in NY Paint Color Overview
- Graphic Charcoal Behr | Paint Color Overview and Review
- Do I need primer before painting?
- How to Paint a Room Fast
- How To Clean Walls Before Painting
- Interior Painting Tools List – 17+ Must-Haves for Homeowners
- Cost to Paint a Room – DIY vs Hire Comparison
This Behr Fashion Gray review contains affiliate links, but nothing that I wouldn’t recommend wholeheartedly. Read my full disclosure here.
Today, I’m going to share a great medium gray paint color option with you that I know and love – Behr Fashion Gray.
Fashion Gray paint color overview
Fashion Gray is what I would call a “moody” gray color without feel too dark and heavy. It is certainly not a light gray color that mimics white. You definitely walk in the room and feel instantly “hugged” by the cozy wall color and it reads a true gray.
In some light, I would almost consider this a silver gray color, especially when you put it up against white trim and ceiling paint.
Is Fashion Gray by Behr a warm or cool gray?
Fashion Gray is a warm gray, but overall it looks very neutral. Depending on the light source in the room or time of day, it may appear as a rock gray on the walls.
Behr Fashion Gray undertones
Fashion Gray has brown undertones, which makes it a more warm gray paint color.
However, unless you hold the paint color up next to something more cool (like a blue or a pure white) you don’t notice the brown undertones.
What is the light reflectance value (LRV) of Fashion Gray paint color?
Fashion Gray paint has an LRV of 33.16.
Light reflectance value is the amount of light that is reflected off of the paint color surface. The lighter (or more white) and color the higher the LRV – meaning that pure white has a LRV of 100 and pure black as a LRV of 0.
What trim color goes with Behr Fashion Gray?
I loved the contrast of the warm Fashion Gray paint color with white trim paint in our home. We used Snowy Pine paint on all of the baseboards, window trim and interior doors throughout the home.
We also added Snowy Pine paint to the plywood shiplap wall in our living room.
Another place we added Snowy Pine paint color next to the Fashion Gray was this built in reading nook in our living room.
Do you agree that the Fashion Gray + Snowy Pine combination is a good one?
Coordinating colors for Fashion Gray
Fashion Gray is a chameleon color in its true sense, meaning that I didn’t find a color that didn’t go well with it! I found that because of the brown undertones, it worked well even with tans, wood tones and brown furniture. Sometimes gray paint can clash up against browns, but Fashion Gray did not.
Colors similar to Fashion Gray
According to Behr Paint, here are other similar colors to Fashion Gray that you might want to try out:
- Espresso Martini (N210-4)
- Rustic Taupe (N200-4)
- Shiitake (N220-4)
- Granite Dust (MQ3-06)
- Graceful Gray (PPU18-12)
- Creek Bend (790F-4) *this one looks the most similar to me
- Dolphin Gray (HDC-NT-10A)
- Puddle (790B-4) *more pink tones
Paint color review
I’m a big fan of Fashion Gray paint and I always will be. I never grew tired of it while living in our home with the color on all of the walls for nearly 3 years.
It is definitely a more of a “moody” gray color – meaning that it’s not a “light gray”. So I found myself purchasing more light colored wall decor, adding light accent walls like this plywood shiplap wall in our living room and painting furniture white (like these chalk painted bar stools). This helped brighten the rooms up and provided more of a contrast.
When we moved to our 2nd fixer upper I found myself wanting a bit of a lighter and brighter color scheme, so I went with this light gray called Chic Gray as a slightly lighter option. But it wasn’t necessarily because I didn’t like Fashion Gray anymore. I just wanted a change. 🙂
Overall, I was very happy with the Fashion Gray paint color on the walls throughout my home. I think it is a great option if you are looking to paint your walls gray!
Do you have any other questions about this paint color?
Let me know in the comments below!